Buyers beware, colored hair extensions can cause permanent damage to your hair. However, there are some products like curl sculpting mousse that can be used to control hair harm, it is still wise to collect all the information related to hair extensions before buying. Before you make a purchase, take 5 minutes to read this article. Here are some common hair extensions horror stories:
1. Traction Alopecia is the most common issue with weave-in extensions. Too tight weaves can tug on the natural hair, causing hair loss or bald patches.
2. Contact Dermatitis: This allergic reaction is caused by glue that bonds extensions to real hair. Itchy, red rash, and itching are some of the symptoms.
3. Headache: Extensions that are too close to the scalp can cause headaches. This is due to natural hair being pulled too tightly.
Remember that the hair extensions industry is not regulated and does not have the same standards
Different types of hair fibers:
Today's hair extensions are made from synthetic fibers and real human hair.
1. Synthetic hair extensions are usually made from synthetic materials such as Kanekalon and Toyokalon, and they are typically cheaper than real human hair extensions. Synthetic extensions come in many colors and textures.
2. There are many grades of human hair extensions available. They are usually listed by country of origin, such as Indian or Chinese. Many Asian countries are big suppliers of human hair. Although 100% human hair extensions can be more expensive, they are easier to style as they can be curled, or braided just like natural hair. They also last longer.